Ink & Images offers a number of ways to help you get started — and stay on track — with getting your photos and stories in order. Sign up for our mailing list if you’d like to be notified of upcoming programs and events, or contact us if you’re interested in arranging an event for your organization or group.
Intro to Photo Management
Learn how to manage your digital and print collections so that you can easily find, view, and share your photos.
Sip, Sort & Scan
Who says photo organization has to be boring? Instead of facing that shoebox of old prints alone, bring it along to our next Sip, Sort & Scan event. Enjoy a glass of wine and good company as we tackle our collections side-by-side.
Life Stories I
Learn about different approaches to writing your life story, and some things to consider as you choose your method. Participants will also learn about common stumbling blocks and how to overcome them. Most importantly, we’ll spend some time writing, to get your process started! (Generally offered as three 90-minute sessions)
Life Stories II
The aim of this class is to help you get your stories written. Perhaps you know what approach you want to take, but you’re having trouble thinking of what exactly you’d like to include? Or maybe you just aren’t getting around to it? This class provides the structure that many people find helpful to getting a big project finished, yet is flexible enough to meet you where you are in the process. (Generally offered as three to six 90-minute sessions)
Life Stories III
Congratulations, you’ve got your manuscript finished! Now what? This class will help you select photos and other items to include, determine a layout, and format everything just right. We’ll also walk through the various publishing options, and help you create your finished product. (Generally offered as two to four 90-minute sessions)
Family Reunion Services
A Family Reunion is a great time to collect stories, share photos, and display family memorabilia. Here are some ways that Ink & Images can help make yours especially meaningful and memorable:
- Help you invite your relatives to write and send in stories ahead of time, and develop prompts to inspire those stories;
- Edit and compile story collections;
- Scan family photos (slides and prints) and make them available in various electronic formats;
- Create Photo Books, Family Heritage Books, and more.
At the Reunion:
- Conduct interviews with individuals and small groups to capture stories and information
- On-the-spot print and document scanning
- Transcribe and edit in-person interviews
- Scan slides, prints, and documents
- Edit and compile story collections
- Create Photo Books, Family Heritage Books, and more